When I entered my late 20’s I started to really take a good look at my skin and my skin care routine. I’ve always adjusted what I purchased for my age and skin type. But as I got older, the more I found what didn’t work versus what did and would. I became more determined than ever to find my personal “holy grail” of skincare. Not ready to go under the knife or the needle, I started trying it all. Much to my husbands amusement, a quick trip to Target turned into a 30 minute field trip to the beauty section. When I couldn’t find what I needed, I scoured the internet for it. Usually winding up at Sephora. With their selection of everything from cheap makeup sponges to $600 curling irons, I quickly became a Sephora VIB Rouge member.
Lets get this clear now, I am by no means a professional MUA or highly experienced in professional beauty, but I can proudly see that my research has paid off, so much so that I wanted to share my own successful combination of products and routines.
My daily routine is based on a very loose (very, very loose) interpretation of a Korean skincare routine. Along with eating well, staying hydrated and working out, I’ve been able to maintain my results.
Weapons of Mass Pretty
*Note that I use a lot of Peter Thomas Roth (PTR). While I’m faithful to products that work I’m not brand fixated. If a product is no longer effective I will search for another brand.
- PTR- Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Cleansing Gel (Applied with fingers and wiped off with a wash cloth)
- PTR-Un-Wrinkle® Peel Pads (20 count) *Bi-Monthly or PTR Blemish Buffing Beads (I wouldn’t recommend both in the same sitting)
- PTR- Glycolic Acid 10% Toning Complex Clarifying Toner (This will burn a bit you can neutralize the acid with plain water if it’s too much)
- PTR- Oilless Oil 100% Purified Squalane (AM: 3 drops/ PM: 5 drops)
- PTR- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle® Lip
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 in Dark
I apply my “daily” makeup after this or I will simply bronze my face and go. I don’t do touch ups during the day unless I’m wearing lipstick, then I apply as needed.
- Boscia – Makeup Breakup Cooling Cleansing oil
- Steps 1-5 from above followed by a mask. I use one of the following depending on the condition of my skin at the time:
I’ve been trying different brands of AM/PM eye cream and when I find “the one” this will be updated.
Wash your face. Clogged, nasty pores and oily “day after” makeup isn’t sexy and can eventually lead to less sex. Change your pillow cases. Often! AND Drink H2O, water, auga, l’eau or whatever you want to call it. Seriously, don’t fight me on this.
If possible add biotin to your daily viatamin or suppliment routine. I personally use the Phytophanere Duo (4 month supply) by Phyto. While some complain of breakouts and oily skin I only experienced this briefly and mostly when I was putting too much oil on my face in the morning.
Thats it. Cheers to you and your naturally glowing face this summer. Have a favorite step to your personal routine? Share it with us!
Shop Peter Thomas Roth